Achievement Vs Fulfillment
Are We Too Goal Obsessed, Losing Sight of What Matters?
We are about 17 episodes into a project, Transformation Decoded, that we are working on. Our mastermind meets for an hour to 90 minutes each monday morning and we "Get Stuff Done!"
Here are our thoughts on Achievement Vs Fulfillment:
Achievement Vs Fulfillment, what roles do each of these play in our lives and businesses, and what REALLY matters?
Jackie Ulmer shares - as a 3 on the Enneagram, “achievement” is something I know well. We are known as achievers and performers and life is all about accomplishing, Also, as a 26 year Network Marketing veteran, I have lived most of my life in a profession that is always about achieving the next goal.
Make a rank advancement and one is immediately looking toward what the next goal is to be accomplished, almost without taking the time to recognize, relish and acknowledge the current achievement.
About 10 years ago, I realized how this outlook was affecting me, my business and my sense of fulfillment. I have had thoughts about how this stops me from living in the present moment; and to not be constantly future focused and basing happiness on “when
I hit the next goal; and make the next rank!”
Being more intentional with my goals and intentions, and starting with WHY, this has helped me looked beyond just the achievement and focus on what fulfillment this will bring to me.
Success is about more than money; cold hard cash means nothing. What can we do with that “success” that makes a difference for myself and others. This helps me remain present and grateful for what I have right now.
I’m reminded of Elizabeth Gilbert’s Ted Talk, where she talks about the big hit she had with “Eat, Pray, Love” and living up to that and being able to do it again. Do we try again and potentially fail, or ease back and allow that to just be our legacy. Or, focus now on only that work that is truly fulfilling.
With social media, and comparing our B roll to everyone else’s A roll, we can fall into a bad trap of believing the hype of everyone else’s achievement and perceived successes.
I’m reminded to measure my “fulfillment” on social media with how I feel in what I share and how I engage with others. It’s important to me to not have regrets over how I show up, and am thought of and remembered by others.
“Celebrity Relationships.” I've watched 3 in recent months, implode on social media after years of painting the picture of wedded bliss, soul mates and forever togetherness on Instagram. What the WHAT?
Isabel Banerjee shares - One affirmation that a goal or activity rates as fulfillment versus achievement is that it I actually feel emotionally full and sated, as opposed to the “hungry again” feeling of achievement.
Activities that truly make me feel fulfilled are more deeply satisfying. That satisfaction is longer lasting, as opposed to the achievement “Okay, what's next?” mentality that is easy to fall prey to as an entrepreneur and a high achiever .
My Lift As You Climb mantra is good measure of success of prioritizing goals for fulfillment and alignment with your “WHY”. With this philosophy, everyone collaborates and helps each other fulfill their potential. Mutual reciprocity creates energy and ensures that everyone is achieving and fulfilled at the same time.
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn this - SocialSellingMagic.com - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com