Closing Out Year 2019 and the Decade to Prepare for 2020
2019 - The Year in Review
Welcome to one of the most powerful shows of the year, where we close out the year, and in this case, the decade as well, and prepare to really rock the new year and decade coming.
First, as I have been coaching on, start with your Thought Downloads (TDL) and your journal and begin to go through your calendar and what has happened through the year.
It’s a lot of fun to do this, and reflect on what’s happened that you may gave already forgotten about.
As I have shared many times
Life is 50/50
50% positive and flowing; and 50% frustration and unhappiness.
Steve Jobs shares a quote, and I am paraphrasing here, but he says - You can’t connect the dots looking forward, only looking backwards.
And, while this can be true, what if we made the decision to be very intentional about our lives, and worked to connect the dots moving forward be being aware, and having clarity.
Most people plan more for the weekend or their vacation, than they do planning their life, business and the goals they wish to achieve.
Don’t let this be you!
Focus Word 2019 - Accomplished
My focus word, which I chose on the last show, is Accomplished
Here is the link to review last week’s show on choosing your focus word -
I've learned how to bring each year together to make them build on each other.
Focus word from prior years -
2018 - Systemize - this was all about getting systems in place so my business flows smoothly and I know what step to be taking with each person I meet; who enters my marketing funnel; and who I am building a relationship with.
2019 - Mastering Practice - what are the key few things that must be practiced consistently to move me forward in all areas of my life?
2020 - Accomplished - my plan is to start each day planning what is required daily for me to check the accomplished box on where my focus us for that day at the end of the day.
I spent the year 2018 getting the right systems in place for my business. In 2019, I developed my plan for Mastering the Practice of the few areas of commitment and consistency that needed to be done to master the practice of success in each of my value areas; my content areas; and my priority areas, which are what I call my 5 Favorite F Words, which are -
Family and Friends
Again, for 2020, I will be setting up my day, and measuring/ending the day by seeing how I do with fulfilling my word - Accomplished.
Closing Out a Decade
So, I went back through my calendar planners for the last decade, and to see how each year unfolded.
I did a thought download on each year, summing it up into a few key words.
Looking back on my decade, and each year, I can pick out the solid years and the years of frustration and struggle and see what worked and what didn’t.
And, my life was truly 50/50.
What was happening in those 5 peak years that made them peak?
And, what was the void in the years that weren’t so peak?
Because, what works; WORKS.
The overwhelming theme in the years of frustration are those years that lacked clarity, commitment and consistency, which are the keys to moving a business forward.
And, my marketing fell way short!
I’ve been conflicted on what it is exactly I want to focus on in my business.
Am I still building a Network Marketing business?
Am I more focused on coaching?
Business or Confidence and life coach?
Marketing is where I really dropped the ball, and my conflicted state of business is a big reason why.
Again, remembering that life is 50/50. and knowing this going in allows you to stay in control and self coach yourself to any success.
I don’t believe there is such a thing as luck, or coincidence.
Every year offers us lessons and growth.
Hal Elrod shares a great protocol for handling challenge. He has a 5 Minute Rule -
I can’t change it.
I have 5 minutes to whine, cry, weep and vent and then reach for that next area of stretch and growth that we can gain from it.
As Byron Katie says - you can argue with the past, and you’ll lose 100% of the time.
We can’t control most things. People, or circumstances.
We can control our ultimate reaction to is.
Questions for closing out the year and decade -
Who do I want to become?
Who am I now?
What is not matching with who I am now and who I want to become?
What actions do I need to change to become that person? Achieve that goal?
Do I believe it’s possible for me to become that person? Achieve that goal?
Do I believe it’s probable?
Am I willing to commit to the actions, thoughts and feelings needed to become that person and achieve that goal?
Who do I serve?
How do I serve them?
How do I handle mistakes I have made?
How do I learn from those mistakes?
What steps do I need to be taking today to become that person and achieve those goals?
How do I decide what to say yes to?
What to say no to?
What are my priorities in each area of my life?
What’s the number one priority in each of these areas?
This next month, and throughout the year, I will be focusing a lot on my 3 Cs -
My 3 Cs
Stay tuned for more of that!
Thanks for listening.
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn this - SocialSellingMagic.com - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast on iTunes
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast by Email - Get Updates