Is Network Marketing MLM a Bad Business Model
Is Network Marketing Inherently Bad As a Business?
Is MLM a Pyramid?
What are the facts that you should know if you’ve launched or are thinking of launching a business in the Network Marketing Profession.
I was recently in a Facebook group filled with women looking for a way to work from home; to be there with their children; to stave off some health concerns.
And, over and over again, many of these women would say - I DON’T WANT TO DO AN MLM OR NETWORK MARKETING STYLE OF BUSINESS MODEL.
Why? I wondered about the thoughts around this. I get it. I also thought. And, then had to ask -
Is network marketing a bad business model? Is there something inherently wrong in the structure and operation of MLM?
Or, is it something someone is doing that creates that thought?
If you’ve already launched a network marketing business, you may be having some doubts or some second thoughts. You may be hearing opinions of other people or reading some different things on the Internet that have you thinking is:
Is network marketing a Bad Business Model? Is MLM a Pyramid?
What would make something, including MLM really and truly a pyramid scheme; what things do I need to be aware of before I start in a business in the Network Marketing Profession.
I’m Jackie Ulmer, with over 26 years in the network marketing profession, and I understand these questions. I struggled with skepticism about network marketing and MLM in the very beginning; about the business model in general.
Not because I was educated about network marketing, but because I had heard some “things” that other people said that led me down that path of thinking that there was something wrong with the system of network marketing.
In fact, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Network marketing in and of itself is a beautiful business model and it can provide amazing things for you; provide an amazing income opportunity; that desired time freedom along with that financial freedom. There are tremendous growth and leadership opportunities.
The type of opportunities that many people don’t have access to in corporate America or the traditional working environment.
The challenge becomes that some of those in network marketing who lead us down the path of thinking it’s easier than it is. We hear “oh it’s so easy; we’re all going to get rich and “get” people into the business; we’re going to “convince” a few people to do this.
We hear a lot of things like that and those are the things inherently that ARE bad about some of the people who work in Network Marketing and MLM.
Nobody wants to be “gotten” into any kind of deal. Nobody wants to be convinced to do something.
I coach my clients on paying attention to what they say; what they hear people say; and using solid success language to create interest that doesn’t feel scammy or spammy.
We cover this in depth in the Street Smart Wealth Academy; you can go to StreetSmartWealthAcademy.com to learn more.
We cover this in depth. We identify your ideal client; what it is that they’re absolutely looking for; what’s the greatest challenge or obstacle that they have and what is the solution that you offer.
We develop that in a way that we can position ourselves with good, interesting success language that creates an interest for those people who might be looking for what it is that you offer.
Remember in network marketing, we have two different offerings -We have our product or service; our program or offer that we sell; and then, of course, we have the business opportunity itself.
Try not to mix these two things too much, in the beginning. Stay with the customer side, and talk about the product if that’s the path that you’re starting down. You’ll always have the opportunity to share the business side of it when the timing is right and presents itself.
Another thing I want to caution you about is language around overcoming objections. Nobody wants to think that their objections are being “overcome.”
Instead, you want to be a good listener; listen to people objectively; listen to what that objection really is, and recognize it as an opportunity to serve and sell. So don’t run from objections. Don’t let objections be upsetting to you and don’t let it make you
The biggest thing for you to do is work hard to develop the business skills you need so that you can meet more people; build rapport with them and find out more about them. Listen intently and speak intuitively so that you can share with them what it is that you do and what the solution is that you provide to the challenge or the obstacle that they have.
Know how to position yourself out there with social media. It is such a great tool to do this because people are posting all the time about their problems or challenges; getting laid off from a job; taking a pay cut; being on unemployment - different things with the pandemic.
Listen and then develop that success language to position yourself and your offer to be something that really, truly creates that win-win.
When you operate your business that way, you very quickly see that nothing is inherently wrong or bad about Network Marketing or MLM.
In fact, it does become much easier; much more streamlined; much more elegant to build a business when you operate in this way.
We are in a crazy, amazing time to build a successful business. I say crazy because in this Corona Virus COVID19 Pandemic, there is some bad stuff. And, there is also amazing opportunity when done right.
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn this - SocialSellingMagic.com - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com