Is Your Network Marketing Business Taking Advantage of Friendships
Why Network Marketing Continues Having a Bad Reputation With Some
For years, I have heard this complaint from Non Network Marketers and skeptics - Network Marketers take advantage of friendships with their business.
And, I never really got that, until recently, when I felt the sting of it myself…
I love the Internet, as you know, I took my business online in 1999 and that changed the whole trajectory of my business of my life of my family's life, and I really never looked back.
But digital marketing has brought out the worst in people.
Now don't get me wrong, I know that network marketing has had a bad reputation for years, in fact, if you've listened to me, before I talk about my negative mlm blueprint.
And how it went all the way back to the 70 s, when my uncle contacted my mom and their sister my aunt about network marketing and when he left, my family trash talked him, and that what I learned from that and what I made up in my little 13 year old mind is that network marketing is bad and if you "do it", that people are going to talk about you.
When some people took to the Internet to build their business they lost sight of the fact that it's a real, live breathing human being, at the end of every interaction online.
If you've listened to me at all you've heard me say if you wouldn't do it offline don't do it online, but a lot of people have lost track of that so digital marketing really is brought out the worst in a lot of people.
And I'll start with just the snarky direct messages....
This is why some people are angry about network marketing; why they call it a scam; why they feel like it's taking advantage of friendships.
A couple of things that have happened for me just in recent months; just a handful.
No personal connection and no interest in me or what's up with me; what might be going on.
"Hey, I need you to do me a favor..."
"Hey, I've launched a new business and you're invited and would you host...."
Me, Me, Me, Me - I finally reached the point where I felt like I had a dollar sign stamped on my forehead.
And, if I'm feeling that, while in the profession, what are those outside feeling?
And thinking about Network Marketing?
Imagine instead, a scenario like this on Direct Message: "Hey how are you doing, I have a question for you.
I'd love to share something new that i'm doing and see if it might be a fit for you see if you might be interested in this."
Instead, what I got goes against my whole rule of marketing, which is never give a link without permission.
You've got to build rapport with people first and i'm not talking about going back and forth for 20 different times. You can get to the point, rather quickly, but the last thing you want to do online is something that you wouldn't do offline.
I'm going to share what I call my mailbox analogy.
I live in a in a Community of about 94 homes, and by far I don't know close to everybody in my community.
Say I'm walking toward my mailbox, and I see someone else walking toward the mailbox.
Maybe I saw them at a Community event; we said hello, I might know their name; I might not but I don't know them well. We've never really conversed.
Imagine them was seeing me at the mailbox, hurrying over to me and just blabbing and going on and on, without even taking a breath about their new business; would I host a party for them; would I attend this party and etc, etc.
Imagine how that would be received? I hope, none of us would do this in the offline world we simply would not do that, we would not walk up to our neighbor, even if we knew them well or didn't know them well; we wouldn't walk up to them and just start going on and on about our business how we how I might support them how.
We would warm the conversation up and then we might say something like "Hey. What are you doing Thursday night i'm hosting a party to introduce my new business and it's gonna be fun. Some of the neighbors are coming, we're going to have snacks and some beverages and sit around and chit chat a little bit and then i'd love to share a little bit with you about this, these products and my business and kind of why i'm doing it and.
It may or may not be of interest to you; no obligation to buy but i'd love to have you there get to know you better be social and if you can think of anybody who you might want to bring who might be a good fit."
That would be awesome, and that's typically how we would do it in the offline world right, because if we do it the other way in the offline world the person would probably start backing away from us from the mailbox they might even turn around and run okay.
So again, think about those snarky direct messages are you sending them, are you using them, have you experienced them, what do you think about them.
Be real, be authentic. Don't trash our profession!
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn good messaging and success language that connects with people - The Killer Content Formula - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast on iTunes
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast by Email - Get Updates