Are Spammy Direct Messages Killing Network Marketing
Is Social Selling Suffering From Bad Direct Message Syndrome?
You’ve probably seen them, maybe even sent them, and they may be killing network marketing and furthering the low opinion some have of our profession.
I’m talking about those spammy DMs and the system being taught by some “leaders” in our profession.
If your upline is telling you to just get more followers, that is NOT the solution.
If your upline is telling you just to copy, paste and DM everyone you know - that IS a problem.
That’s why we are spending time today on the topic of spammy DMs, and this strategy being taught by some.
Let me start by answering the question - does it work?
The short answer - Yes, sometimes it certainly does. Most times, it does not.
It’s not a long haul best practice strategy. There is a time and place for DMs, and I’ll cover that and the how tos.
Have you ever received these?
New friend request, you accept and then BAM - the pitch.
Long, multiple paragraphs; how you are missing out, and it’s THE next big thing. If I had a dime…..
How do you feel when you get this?
You're losing your capacity to sponsor and bring those people onto your team who are truly the ones that you most want; those professionals.
You're losing them because in everything that you do in this business from the first contact on is modeling for them exactly what you're going to be teaching them, what's going to be expected of them, should they decide to join you.
Most people think oh I don't want to do that, to my friends and family and strangers.
Have you ever sent one of these? how do you feel thinking about pushing the send button and then, how do you feel once you've sent it.
Do you ever feel ignored; been ghosted; people don't respond, maybe you've been blocked or unfriended?
If you wouldn't do it offline, don't do it online. People will interpret and have the same response online or offline.
Imagine an offline scenario; you're walking to your , and someone you barely know is walking toward you. They live in your neighborhood, but you aren't friends.
They walk up to you at the mailbox and instead of putting out their hand to shake yours, or ask what your name is, they start going into the sales pitch about their opportunity, it's the next big thing it's got all these patents pending, celebrity endorsements; nothing's ever grown so fast and on and on and on.
Would you be interested or would you think "what a weirdo" and back away?
Would you do this offline? No! So why do it online?
I recently experienced this for myself with someone who I knew someone who i've actually spoken on stage with before. It's been a while, since i've actually seen her, or interacted with her. She is a top leader in her new network marketing company.
She reached out to me on private message on instagram and did exactly what i'm talking about. Used a copy/paste formatted message, no personal content at all, didn't mention anything about my life
She went into a multi paragraph pitch about the business and how she would love to bring me in to her success line.
Well, I felt the same way about it that you probably would.
I felt kind of used, like a number and unimportant. I said no thanks and asked how she was, and began a conversation.
Guess what came back? nothing. No response. Too busy, on to the next "number!"
Do you think that should I become interested in this company, or, if I had somebody who was interested, is this the type of person who I would refer to other people, or who I would want to join in the business?
Not at all. I don't care if she is a top leader and my gut tells me she's teaching her team to do the same thing and again coming back to the whole scenario of "Is this a long haul best practice strategy?" I'm going to say no.
Do you think that this practice makes network marketing easier for you or for the rest of us, or do you think it possibly makes it more difficult. Does it raise up the integrity of our profession and what are most people thinking when they receive that?
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn good messaging and success language that connects with people: The Killer Content Formula - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com