Success and Self Confidence in Business
Does Success Come From Self Confidence?
Most people think that success comes from having self confidence.
But, it’s a funny thing. In most interviews I listen to of successful entrepreneurs, most say the same thing - they struggled terribly with lack of self confidence.
You may know exactly what I am talking about.
I think back on my own journey and struggles with not feeling good enough.
It’s funny though. I have always spoken the words - I am self confident.
Looking back, I’m not sure that this was true. I just used different words. Because I know for sure that “self worth” or being good enough was an ongoing struggle.
I had a lot of “mean girl” issues from 4th grade to 6th grade. A circle of 4 of us and one or two of us - mostly me and one other girl - where always the target of mainly the ring leader, and her side kick.
In 7th grade, when I moved on to Junior High School, I bolted from that group and made new friends. I stayed friends with those girls, but branched off with new kids that had moved in from other elementary schools.
That’s when I first learned how to move past fear. To do things regardless of the fear.
You may have some things going on in your life that are creating the feeling of lack of confidence in you; feeling of unworthiness; of just not being good enough.
Over the years, I developed a little trick for dealing with those negative feelings.
I’m sharing it with you, in case it helps you as well.
Instead of pushing so hard to “get rid of the feelings”; try this. Just sit with the feeling for a minute. Be willing to experience what that feeling “feels” like now. In this moment. When it is not really happening.
When you are safe and can move out of that feeling when you want to.
Think about the feelings we most fear….
Failure, defeat, humiliation, social shame, embarrassment, being judged…
When you develop a practice of being in the moment with these emotions while they are not actually happening, you will find that a few things DO happen for you.
1. You realize that you can survive these feelings.
2. You realize that they are just that - FEELINGS. No other results or consequence need to come with those feelings.
3. Your self confidence is going to grow.
4. Your willingness to experience different things and sort through them will grow.
When we feel insecure or unsure of ourselves, it’s often because we fear the judgement of other people.
Is that the case with you?
We feel insecure because at some point in our lives, we experienced a (public) failure or a defeat of some kind.
Can you remember a time when this actually happened? Can you remember the complete experience and most specifically that you survived it? That you made it through? That you are here, right now, and you are okay!
What if you didn’t worry about judgement, failure, embarrassment or any of these other emotions? Would you go after more of what you want in your life?
Would you be willing to give it all 100% more of the time? Most of the time?
Why is it we spend so much time in fear of feeling these emotions?
What is it that happens when we do feel them?
Really. WHAT HAPPENS?
Think about that for a minute and be honest with yourself.
The reality is, nothing really happens.
An emotion is just a vibration that we CHOOSE to feel for as long as we CHOOSE to feel it.
You are GREAT at many things.
What is one thing you are really great at? Or even just sort of great?
How do you feel…what is the EMOTION you feel when you are in that greatness?
Give yourself permission to feel that emotion. Savor that emotion.
Feel the self confidence that comes up when you do that? When you experience THAT emotion.
Here’s my challenge for you - go to THAT place…that FEELING more often.
Go to that feeling every day. And especially before you go to work in your business.
Emotions can’t harm you. They have no ability to affect you unless you allow them to.
I’m not going to say - STOP ALLOWING THAT - although I want to.
But, I get it. Easier said than done.
So, instead, just practice two things.
One, get into a feel good emotional place, from sometime in your past when you were soaring with feelings of success. Do this as many times a day as you can. Set a timer even.
I mean it - set a timer and do the work.
Two, when you feel a negative emotion coming up, don’t push it away. Invite it in; sit with it; and then, after time has passed and the emotion has faded, decide what feeling you would rather have.
Shift your thoughts and feelings to a positive emotion that you’ve experienced before.
Our goal is to move to a point of no longer fearing the feeling of negative emotion. That’s when it loses its grip on us.
When you feel something negative, remind yourself that the fear of the emotion is much worse than the experience itself.
Laugh at the negative emotion and then applaud yourself for how far you’ve come.
Emotions can’t harm us. They can sure stop us in our tracks until we learn to handle them; and to control them.
Practice being more kind to yourself. More supportive of yourself. More loving to yourself.
Have your own back!
Now, get out there and rock your day, rock your world, and make a difference for yourself and others!
I believe in you - you believe in you, too!
Do you have a question for me? DM me on Instagram @jackieulmer
Ready to create more success in your business? Your first step to learn this - SocialSellingMagic.com - let’s start there.
Hey, if you like what you are hearing and learning on the podcast, you really should check out the Street Smart Wealth Academy. We take all of this and package it into a radical shift for you, and the way you think and act in your business.
And, it’s guaranteed. Do the work, get the results, or get your money back.
What could be better than that?
If you’d like to learn more about putting this together and having somebody help you somebody who is built that multi million dollar business I would love to be your coach and mentor!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group.
I go there; share video training; run "question and answer"; and there are always different things that you can be learning; different tools to assist you and resources.
If you are struggling with getting where you want to go, let’s have a conversation to see where you are; where you want to be, what’s working and what’s not working and talk about a plan to get you out of stuck, if that’s where you are spinning your wheels.
Get it booked today.
BUSINESS, SALES AND SOCIAL MEDIA COACHING AND STRATEGIES
Learn more about the Street Smart Wealth Academy; THE "success mentoring" teaching you the "skills to pay the bills!"
What we will do together in 4 Simple Steps:
Master Your Marketing Plan - Build a Complete Online and Offline Strategy
- We will build and develop your "brand", which is the gateway to creating the rest of your marketing plan, online and offline
- You will know exactly who your ideal client is and how to attract them to you
- You will know how to build your audience; nurture them; and create killer marketing copy that speaks to the heart, all done with consistency for growth
- You will create systems so you know each day what your marketing strategy is, and you know how to execute it
- You will know how to pre-sell your client before your call with them
- You will know the primary social media platforms and how to effectively market in each
Master Your Messaging and Success Language - Know How to Position Yourself, Your Client, Your Offer
- You will learn the secrets of language and positioning to create interest and get your audience to lean in
- You will learn and master the Authentic Sales and Closing process, so you feel calm, confident and no longer struggle with how to ask for the decision and get the sale - no more Selling "Ick" Factor
- You will know how to create a world class client experience, retaining more clients, so you spend less time prospecting and build more referrals
Master Your Time Management and Productivity - How to Become a Professional Entrepreneur
- You will know exactly where to focus your time and energy to get the best results
- You will learn to release resistance and excuses that hold you back; and build the discipline needed to succeed
- You will know where your business is going and how to predict growth and profits
- You will have systems and plans in place for every area of your business so you know the next step with each person in the process
- You will know how to set your goals and achieve them
- You will have accountability to keep you focused and on track
- You will do all of this without feeling overwhelmed
Master Your Mindset and Limiting Beliefs
- You will learn how to take back control over your thinking
- You will detox from negative self talk, comparanoia, procrastination and overthinking
- You will create better relationships with your partner, your family, friends, team and most specifically, yourself
- You will cleanse scarcity and fear based thinking from your life
- You will know how to solve any problem or challenge for yourself
- You will learn how to capture your big ideas and monetize them
Bonus content includes:
Taming the Money Monster
Peak Performance Habits
Mental Yoga and Thought Download Process
I'll be sharing the concepts, tools and training to support your marketing, growth and business goals. While the principles that I teach are complete for any Solopreneur business, the details, strategy and implementation will be tailored to you through my mentorship.
I coach and train on the exact strategies I used to reach top income earner status in my network marketing company, and sell products and services in over 40 countries, using digital marketing. These are the same strategies I use today in my coaching business. I don't teach theory.Learn more at Coach With Jackie
Tweet me - @jackieulmer with comments and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #JackieUlmer
Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!!
I teach mindset mastery, as well as Network Marketing and Social Media Mastery.
Let’s have some conversation!
PS: If You Are Struggling to Sponsor, and Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is Where You Want to Start DirectSalesBootcamp.com